Saturday, January 8, 2011

Welcome!


I often write from our front porch swing, on what is known among friends as "the best front porch in Tucson." We have certainly spent many a summer evening watching the sky gradually ignite with a famous Tucson sunset, cold beer bottles sweating in our hands, and the land singing with relief at the end of a long, hot day.

I also spend a fair amount of time there alone. The street is vibrant with pedestrian and bicycle traffic, and the park across the way is full of activity - both legal and illegal, and always amusing. From the porch swing, I can see everything, but, hidden as I am behind the mock orange tree, few passersby ever notice me. It is the perfect place to feel both connected and hidden, as I think most writers do.

So from the porch swing to the cloud, I hope to document my adventures here - urban and wild, foreign and domestic, real and meditative - and do some decent writing, with little revision and a fair bit of humor. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tory,
    I'm just reading your blog. It's lovely. And your photo of the saguaro at sunset (or is it sunrise- we've had a few fabulous cloudy mornings this winter) is spectacular.
    best wishes for this project.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Laura! I appreciate the comment.

    ReplyDelete